As I noted in the last post, I have been looking for somewhat nicer t-shirt patterns for work. I had been having some trouble, so I decide to go out on a limb and try something completely different. The November 2008 BWOF had some “feel good leisure-wear”, and I really liked the lines of the t-shirt. Here is the line drawing (it’s #125).
It seemed kind of different from the shirts I had, and I had some fairly stable knit fabric that I thought would work well.
Let me preface this report by saying I know this is entirely my fault. As many of you know, in regular street clothes Burda has a tendency to reveal a bit much in the cleavage area. It should have, but did not, occur to me that they might feel even more free to let the girls out around the house, in leisure-wear.
This was really easy to make up — it’s not a complicated sewing project — but when I put it on it was so low cut that you could not only see my bra, but at the lowest point of the V you could actually see the skin underneath my front bra strap. However, on the plus side, it seems to work fine with a camisole underneath.
It’s a totally fine t-shirt. I don’t think I’ll make more — I’m holding out hope for the regular jalie t-shirt pattern that is on the way — but I have already worn it.
The jeans, by the way, are from this pattern . I tried to make them look like actual jeans, with only medium success. But they are very flattering. I’ll post a review at some point.
Next up, almost done, is a shift dress from the 2/2009 issue (the one Amanda made here). Also, oddly similar to Amanda, I am planning to wear it for my anniversary dinner on Friday!